How to add an Exchange Email on Ipad and iPhone
- Switch on the iPad or iPhone and tap on setting from the Home screen
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars from the list on the left hand side.
- Select your account type. In this case it is Exchange. Exchange uses Microsoft Activesync to receive and send email through an Exchange Server.
- Enter your email address and password and give the account a friendly name, this will appear as the name in the accounts list after configuration. Here I have masked the email address for security.
- Then select Next. You will be presented with a new screen to enter the server details. Even where it says Server optional Enter the name of your Exchange server. All the other details will be carried over from the last screen. It is important to leave the Domain Blank. You may need to enter the user name. Please don’t enter the email address, just use the logon name that you use when you log on at the office, basically the part before any @ sign in the logon details.
- Click on next and you should be presented with the following screen:
- Hopefully now, you have now successfully configured your Exchange ActiveSync Settings for the iPad or iPhone.
This is an end user article, if you are an Administrator you should check back here in a week or two see my post on how to configue an SSL certificate for access via ActiveSync/OMA etc for your email server.